Luxor African Film Festival (LAFF)
6 - 12 March 2020
• For all competitions , submitted Films should be directed by African filmmaker, the story should take place in Africa, the plot must be related to Africa except Diaspora Competition , submissions are accepted from worldwide countries
• Submitted Films should be 2019 production
• The Selection Committee will decide the films that participates in LAFF competitions
• Participating films should not have been screened in Egypt before the festival
• Calls for Participation starts September 1, 2019.
• Deadline to receive the application form, a DVD or Blu-Ray or HD link of the film along with promotional material (posters, flyers, film stills and synopsis, director's bio and photo) is December 15, 2019.
• LAFF is not obliged to return the received material if the film was not selected.
• Material will not be used in any commercial activities.
• LAFF management will announce the selected films by January 10, 2020.
• Participants whose films are selected should send the film's dialogue in English with time code " English Srt File "and HD Link Copy “ without translation or water mark and English Srt File “ for Arabic translation
• Participating filmmakers should send the final screening copy DCP or Blu-Ray subtitled in English to LAFF prior to February 10, 2020.
• LAFF will handle one-way shipment of copies: Participant will handle the cost of sending the film to Egypt and LAFF will handle the return shipment.
• In case of loss or damage of the copy, LAFF will cover its insurance.
• Films will be screened two times during LAFF’s edition except for the winning films that will be re-screened in non-profit cultural centers after LAFF in Cairo and Alexandria .
Film Submission Closed as deadline reached